Hola Yoga Retreat
"Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer."
William S. Burroughs
Come join us for 7 nights, 8 days to unwind and relax through mindful slow flow, guided meditation, and restorative yoga together on this community inspired retreat on the Baja Peninsula, Mexico. No experience necessary.
WHAT DOES A DAY ON THIS RETREAT LOOK LIKE? A light snack of fruit, tea and coffee will be offered before our morning sunrise meditation and mindful slow flow yoga practice. You will learn how to relax the body and cultivate a peaceful state, rest and enjoy just being. The morning session classes have more movement and flow. Afternoon sessions are restorative with *two optional earlier workshops focusing on arm-balances and inversions.
7:30 AM Fruit, tea and coffee
8:15 - 9:45 AM Morning practice
10:00 AM Breakfast
1:30 PM Lunch
*Mon & Wed 4:00 - 4:55 PM Workshops
5:00 - 6:00 PM Restorative & Meditation (no class on Thursday for optional excursions)
6:30 PM Dinner
10:00 PM Sleep well
Tuesday we will practice a day of Noble Silence. You may want to participate in the beach walk as part of practice. You will be asked to not speak from waking on Tuesday until dinner. Noble Silence and functional talking will be discussed at orientation on Saturday.
You will be asked to abstain from drinking alcohol Sunday - Thursday. We will have a celebration party on Friday night. If you would like to drink alcohol on our last night together, drinks may be purchased and put on your personal account.
Bring your journals, guitar, stories and voices. We have a whole week to explore and share our gifts with each other.
This retreat is not in lieu of therapy. While on retreat with the intention to heal and self discovery, uncomfortable emotions and difficult feelings may arise. This is part of the process and totally normal and OK. If any of the following conditions apply to you, please contact Kim@savasanastation.com to see if this retreat is right for you.
- If you are currently suffering from substance abuse/addiction or eating disorder, and have been in recovery for less than 1 year
- If you are currently suffering from or have very recently suffered from major depression
- If you are currently considering or have recently seriously considered suicide
- If you have PTSD, recent trauma, and have not been in therapy for severe trauma
YOUR 7 NIGHTS, 8 DAY RETREAT INCLUDES:
- Eight days of luxurious lodging
- Three vegetarian meals daily (fish and seafood available several times during the week) - if you have dietary allergies please notify Kim when signing up
- Daily yoga and meditation classes plus 2 workshops - no classes on departure day
- Roundtrip airport transfers on the beginning and ending dates of the retreat March 26 and April 2
- Sales and hospitality taxes (all taxes)
- Airfare to Los Cabos (SJD) airport
- Spa services - may be booked upon arrival
- Additional optional excursions ( kayaking & snorkeling, surf lessons, horseback riding, town visit, etc. listed in detail on Prana Del Mar website.)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance (recommended)
Pricing for 5 or 6 nights is available if you are unable to attend all the dates we have booked. Roundtrip airport transfers are included only if traveling on the beginning and ending dates of the retreat March 26 and April 2. Multiple airport/Prana Del Mar transfers are available throughout our arr and departure days. If you are not arriving or departing on either March 26 or April 2, the cost for airport transfers is US$100 one way + gratuity for a Suburban that holds up to 6 passengers. Drivers are only able to accept cash. Prana Del Mar will make arrangements when they have your flight information.
This is Kim's flight itinerary. You don't need to book on either of these flights though you are welcome to. There will be multiple shuttle transfers on Saturday March 26th and Saturday April 2.
Massages & Spa Services: A variety of massages and spa services are available at Prana del Mar. Payments for these services go directly to the therapists, so please bring cash for those treatments if that is of interest to you. Services booked on site.
For photos and more info on room accommodations go here.
Pricing per person - OLD OUT!
All payments are non-refundable. You will need to sign a mandatory liability waiver with Prana Del Mar upon arrival. Kim will collect flight information to assist admin at Prana Del Mar with arranging transportation to and from the center to SJD.
Please email email@example.com for questions or if multiple payment arrangements are needed.
What Makes This Retreat Different?
- beach front property
- on-site organic vegetable garden
- sustainable lodging
- private remote location
- an opportunity to practice Noble Silence
- investigate your habits and patterns in a safe supportive environment
Ex: Where are you located? We are very near the southern tip of the Baja peninsula in Mexico – about 15 miles north of Cabo San Lucas on the Pacific coast. For more specifics, check out our map.
Ex: Are you close to the ocean? Our retreat center is on beachfront property. Walk out our western gate and on to a mile-and-a-half stretch of golden sand. Listen to the waves crash as you drift off to sleep.
Retreat leader Kim Stetz: Gravitating towards the healing aspects of yoga from the inside out, Kim feels mindful yoga is a vital part of daily living and anyone one can participate and have a yoga practice. After some 20 + years of practice, in 2014 Kim opened Savasana Station, an organically grown community yoga studio in the heart of the East Village, NYC. Her strong background and training in therapeutics lends diversity to students who are recovering from injuries or in need of healing. Daily meditation practice is as much a part of Kim’s life as brushing her teeth and bathing.